70+ Technology Research Paper Topics Research papers are aimed at developing analytical skills in students. Writing any academic paper starts with choosing a topic. How to Select the Best Technology Research Paper Topics? To choose a good research paper topic…
History Research Paper Topics
How to Select the Best History Research Paper Topics?
To choose the best topic for a history research paper, you need to adhere to the following points:
- Substantiation of the relevance of the topic, its historical and methodological status. The history research paper topic should contain a clear statement of the purpose and objectives of the study.
- The plan of the history research paper should comply with the goals and objectives of the topic.
- The theoretical level of topic analysis. The depth of a history research paper’s methodological understanding should be considered too.
- The topic of a history paper should contain the research component in analyzing the considered problems.
- Don’t forget about the availability of qualitative parameters of the literary sources used when writing the history research paper. Sources should be in full compliance with the stated topic.
We have created a list of research paper topics about history to make it easier for students.
List of History Research Paper Topics – 30 Ideas
- The Great Migration of Nations and its influence on the formation of nations in Europe.
- The place of the Slavs among the Indo-Europeans.
- Hypotheses and concepts of the creation of Kyivan Rus.
- Christianization of Norway. Viking Age transformation?
- French lands and principalities in the 12th century. Models of the political system.
- Poland in the 13th century: the influence of civilizational flows from East and West.
- The role of the church in US state-building.
- The establishment of an absolute monarchy in France and its sacralization in the public mind.
- XVI century: despotism in the context of European development.
- The beginning of evolution. The first republics in Europe.
- Was the church schism the beginning of destructive processes in the development of society in the 7th century?
- Discussion about the prerequisites for the transformation of the social system and the nature of modernization in Italy in the 17th century.
- The era of palace coups. Attempts to change the state system?
- Bismarck’s conservative modernization.
- The era of Napoleon’s great reforms and unused opportunities.
- Autocracy and class system in the conditions of modernization processes.
- Europe in the military and political cataclysms of 1917.
- Formation of the USSR: controversy about the principles of the national-state construction.
- Discussions about ways and methods of nuclear disarmament.
- Beginning of the Cold War in Europe.
- The collapse of the USSR was the liberation of peoples from the prison of socialism.
- Which model of capitalism is most suitable for the US?
- Culture of Great Britain in the conditions of radical social transformations.
- History as a science. Essence, forms, functions of historical knowledge.
- Methodological foundations of historical science.
- Methods and sources of the study of history.
- USSR on the eve and at the beginning of the Second World War.
- The main stages of the formation of the statehood of France.
- The role of Gaius Julius Caesar in the politics of Rome.
- Did Ramses II win or lose at the Battle of Kadesh?
20 Interesting History Research Paper Topics
- Adoption of Christianity in the territory of medieval Denmark.
- The evolution of Polish statehood in the XI-XII centuries. The formation of the system of power.
- Socio-political changes in the Lithuanian lands in the XIII-XV centuries. Teutonic Order and Golden Horde.
- Formation and rise of the Commonwealth.
- French state in the 16th century
- The formation of industrial society in Great Britain in the 18th century. Features of the social structure.
- The foreign policy of France in the first half of the XIX century.
- Social movements in the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the first half of the 19th century.
- Social thought and features of the social movement in the USA in the second half of the 19th century.
- Political life in France in the 20-30s of the XX century.
- Germany’s economic, political, and social development at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Political parties in Germany at the beginning of the 20th century. Their genesis, classification, programs, tactics.
- Revolution of 1917. Causes, character, features. The main socio-economic and political consequences of the revolution.
- Austro-Hungarian Empire during the First World War. Systemic crisis.
- Revolution in the Czech Republic in 1968. Causes, character, meaning.
- October Revolution of 1989 in Romania. End of Soviet power. Escape of Ceausescu.
- German Empire in 1917-1920. The First World War and its aftermath.
- Attempts to implement political and economic reforms in Germany in the 50-60s of the XX century.
- The foreign colonial policy of Germany in the 19th century.
- Socio-economic development of Germany in the 30s of the XX century. The rise of the Nazis to power.
20 Good History Research Paper Topics
- The unification of Germany in the 19th century. Main events and consequences.
- Unification of Italy in the 19th century. Main events and consequences.
- American Civil War. Causes, course of events, and results.
- Meiji Revolution in Japan. Causes, course of events, and results.
- French Revolution of the 18th-century Causes and results.
- Terror of the French Revolution in the 18th century.
- The cultural heritage of Byzantium.
- The daily life of Western Europeans in the Middle Ages.
- Crusades and their results.
- Varangians in the history of ancient Russia.
- Gods and myths of ancient Egypt.
- The structure and life of ancient Athens.
- Ancient Sparta: state and traditions.
- Gods of Ancient Greece.
- The origin of Buddhism and its basic principles.
- The origin of Islam and its basic principles.
- Formation of the state of Kyivan Rus. Norman theory.
- The empire of Genghis Khan and the invasion of the Mongol-Tatars.
- Northern War (1700-1721). Causes, course of events, historical significance.
- Napoleonic Wars. The course of events and results.
20 History Research Paper Ideas
- The foreign policy of Kyivan Rus in the XII century.
- The main political centers of fragmented medieval Germany and features of their development.
- English culture of the first half of the 19th century and its contribution to world culture.
- US participation in the First World War.
- 1918 in world history.
- Politics of the Iron Curtain of the USSR. Ideology and practice.
- Civil War in England. Causes, forms, scales.
- Great Britain in international relations on the eve of World War II
- 30-Years War in the history of Europe.
- Reformation of Napoleon. Achievements, miscalculations, results.
- War of Independence and the creation of the States. Concept development and practice.
- State structure of modern Japan.
- The collapse of the USSR and the formation of the CIS.
- US gold rushes.
- The development of science and technology in the United States in the first half of the XIX century.
- The participation of Soviet troops in the war in Afghanistan. Reasons and results.
- China in the 1990s.
- Creation of the Japanese Empire. Causes and main stages of development.
- National heroes of Medieval Japan.
15 Us History Research Paper Topics
- US foreign policy in the 1970s and 1980s.
- American Civil War. A tragedy for the people.
- The development of American military equipment during the Second World War
- American industry during the Second World War.
- “Cold War”. Origins, trends, and contradictions.
- A breakthrough into space is a new era in the development of science and technology.
- Foreign policy doctrine of the USA and international relations in 1920-1930.
- Socio-economic development of the United States at the beginning of the 20th century.
- US foreign policy in the second half of the 19th century.
- Socio-political movements in the USA in the XIX-XX centuries.
- Historiography’s past and present. Eminent Historians of the United States.
- Heroes and Antagonists of World War II.
- The USA in the 1960s and 1980s. Its economy, politics, and social life
- International relations after the Second World War. Formation of a bipolar world. Cold War.
15 Art History Research Paper Topics
- Kyivan Rus. Temple architecture. Fresco art. Iconography.
- Common features of the artistic culture of Ancient America and the traditional cultures of the Old World.
- Ancient Mexican architecture (pyramids, platforms, monumental stairs).
- Mayan. “Temple of the Sun” in Palenque, its resemblance to the pyramids and ziggurats of ancient Eastern civilizations.
- Culture of Ancient Greece. The system of mythological images.
- Eclecticism in Roman culture.
- Italian Renaissance architecture.
- Features of the art of the Northern Renaissance.
- Comparative characteristics of Baroque and Hellenism.
- Architectural and artistic merits of the palace and park ensemble of Versailles.
- Aesthetics of the Baroque in the works of Rembrandt.
- The main features of architecture and sculpture of classicism.
- Empire-style architecture.
- Realism in the European painting of the second half of the 19th century.
- Theories of the origin of art.
15 World History Research Paper Topics
- History of Japan in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Japanese policy after World War II.
- US-China Relations in the 1940s–1950s.
- Contemporary US-China Relations.
- Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. Reasons for its imprisonment and consequences.
- Soviet-Finnish war. Causes, course of events, significance.
- Tehran, Crimean and Potsdam conferences: the post-war structure of Europe.
- Korean War. The course of events and results.
- Competition between capitalist and socialist systems. Results.
- The lifestyle of people in the late stone age.
- City and townspeople of the Middle Ages.
- Spanish Reconquista. The course of events and consequences.
- Exploration of America. Nature of Spanish colonization.
- Heroes of the Great geographical discoveries (Columbus, Magellan, etc.).
- English Revolution in the 17th century. Its persons and events.
15 European History Research Paper Topics
- Perestroika in the USSR and its main results.
- Formation of a new statehood. Socio-political and economic modernization of the Warsaw Pact countries.
- Features of international relations in the new geopolitical conditions of the XXI century.
- Creation of Kyivan Rus. First princes.
- Activities of the first kings of France.
- Feudal fragmentation of Germany.
- Baptism of Europe by Charlemagne. Causes, stages, and consequences.
- The era of palace coups (XVIII century).
- The most famous English commanders of the 18th-19th centuries.
- The fate of reforms and reformers in France.
- Socio-political thought in France in the 18th century.
- Socio-political thought in Germany in the second half of the 19th century.
- The formation of Nazi Germany. Background and principles.
- Industrialization. English model of industrial modernization.
- Totalitarianism and the formation of a command-administrative system in the USSR.
- USSR on the eve of World War II. Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact and its consequences.
- Anti-Hitler coalition during the Second World War.
- Socio-political life of Germany after the First World War.
- Attempts to reform the political system in France after Napoleon I.
- French foreign policy during the reign of Napoleon III.
Do I Need to Use Writing Services?
Do you know science, the textbooks that have been constantly rewritten every 20 years? Of course, you know – this is history! The most controversial subject is interesting to study only for true fans. For most students, it is much easier to order a paper on history than to figure out who was right in the endless revolutions in Europe and whether one or another reformation of the church was necessary.
If you don’t worry about ordering a research paper on history, you should prepare for sleepless nights and careful study of various sources. Are you ready for this?
Need Writing Help?
Who is best versed in centuries-old contradictions and can objectively tell about reforms, revolutions, and wars? Who knows the kindred interweaving of crowned families? For whom is it not difficult to track cause and effect relationships on a global scale?
All this is not difficult for people for whom history has become a profession. They can make a competent analysis of information and write an excellent research paper on history to please any teacher. And you can get such a paper right now with 15% off!
After ordering, with peace of mind, hand over a research paper on history for verification and wait for positive feedback from the teacher. If suddenly your teacher’s opinion does not coincide with the theoretical calculations of our paper writer expert, do not worry. Revisions on work will be made for you free of charge and in the shortest possible time!